Iberia Plus programme general conditions
General basic conditions of the Iberia Plus programme
Please read these general conditions carefully as they form the terms of the contract you must accept to participate in the “Iberia Plus” programme.
More informationExpand all
- The "IBERIA PLUS" Programme (hereafter the "Programme" or "Iberia Plus") offers cardholders the possibility of earning Avios and Elite Points by consuming the products and/or services of Participating Companies and afterwards exchange them for further products and/or services of these Companies. The system for earning and exchanging Avios will be subject to the conditions established by the Programme at any all times.
- "Participating Companies" or Partners are the organisations that have joined the Iberia Plus Programme through a participation contract. These Companies make certain services available to cardholders, use of which can generate Avios and/or Elite Points or be paid for by charging them to Avios. There are no conditions regarding how to earn/redeem points that apply to the Participating Companies. The holder should check which conditions apply for each product/service offered before carrying out actions to earn/redeem points.
- "Customers" (Iberia Plus customers) are individuals more than two years old who, having registered with the Programme via www.Iberia.com, have read and accepted the Participation Conditions (Basic and Operational) and signed the card issued in their name. Using the card for the first time means full acceptance of these General Conditions.
- Your "Iberia Plus card" is personal and non-transferrable. It will identify the customer with his or her details and personal account number, enabling them to participate in the Programme as soon as they have signed it.
There are different types of cards, with or without an expiry date, issued for either a single airline or shared with other airlines, depending on levels of use and the specific agreements covered by the Programme. If you lose your card or it is stolen or has deteriorated, you should report it to your Iberia Plus Service Centre, as the Programme is not liable for any improper or fraudulent use that the card might be put to before this notification is received.
- Earning Avios and Elite Points are personal on the part of the customer. Avios and Elite Points cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods not specified by the Programme. Avios and Elite Points cannot be added to those awarded by any other Programme in which the Participating Companies take part. The Programme reserves the right to withdraw the card, cancel the account and hold accountable the customer who makes improper or fraudulent use of the Programme or who does not comply with the rules and procedures contained in these General Conditions.
- Avios and Elite points and the right to require that a record be made of them is subject to an "expiry" system. The Avios points obtained in a calendar year will expire on 31 December four years after they were earned, provided they have not been used in any operation.
As of 1 January 2012, a monthly check will be performed of the expiry of the total Avios balance in the account of customers who have not made any movement to earn or use Avios in 36 months. To such effect, movements relating to transferring Avios between BA Executive Club, Air Miles and the Programme will not be considered as they are not deemed to be movements of earnings or use.
The first Avios monthly expiry process using the new criteria will be performed on 1 March 2012.
The date the customer’s balance is due to expire will appear on their balance and movements statement when, according to the control date of the last operation made with the Iberia Plus system, there are 6 months or less until expiry. This information will be shown starting from 1 January 2012.
Furthermore, the right to ask for Avios and Elite Points (Iberia Group* and oneworld) to be credited if they were not automatically recorded will expire six (6) months after the flight was made.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia, Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum flights and Iberia Express. Code share flights not operated by the Iberia Group are not included.
- Due to the nature of the Programme, you should consider and accept that the information published in relation to Participating Companies, available destinations and their applicable tables at any given time should be taken as illustrative only. Participating Companies are linked to the Programme by a contract of temporary duration and the tables form part of said contract, therefore these items can be changed at any time according to the agreement between Iberia or other managing company of the Programme and the Participating Company. Any update or variation to these conditions will always be published on iberia.com.
- You are entitled to lodge a claim when, in your opinion, the information regarding your account and/or movements submitted by the Programme or provided via Iberia.com is incorrect or any of the Participating Companies have unduly refused to award you Avios and/or Elite points or other benefits. In all of these cases, Iberia’s liability is limited to the rectification of the error as soon as you can provide irrefutable evidence of your entitlement before the Participating Company from which the service was contracted. You should always keep a copy of the documents you have sent to the Participating Company to uphold your claim in the event of misplacement. During telephone communications, you must prove your identity by answering personal identification questions posed by the service operator.
- Iberia is only liable and will guarantee you the crediting of Avios and/or Elite Points that were not recorded at the time in accordance with the conditions applicable in each case.
Iberia is not liable for any claims deriving directly or indirectly from relations (contractual or otherwise) between customers and Participating Companies for the use/acquisition of services/products of said Companies, and regardless of whether that relationship would have occurred in an operation to obtain or redeem Avios and/or Elite points.
- In the event of cancellation of the Programme, this will be notified to the customer, providing them, from the date of notification, one (1) additional month to credit Avios and Elite points and three (3) to redeem the full amount of Avios appearing on their account without them, from that time, being able to make any claim against Iberia or any group company or managing company of the Programme for this reason. The Programme will be cancelled without prior warning or liability of any kind and the above provisions of this point will not apply should circumstances of force majeure or legal impositions occur at any time that prevent its continuity or development.
- Iberia may modify the working structure of the Programme at any time. In this case, Iberia will notify you by email and through its website with a minimum of two (2) months in advance of the new working structure and the date from which it will be effective. If you do not wish to continue in the Programme you may redeem the whole sum of the Avios that appear on your account within a period of three (3) months from the date of notification.
- The Basic General Conditions are completed with the "OPERATING CONDITIONS OF THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME", which contain the details of the process for earning and redeeming Avios and Elite points, with the specifications that apply to each type of operation, and which are always available and up to date on the Internet via the Iberia website. Iberia.com. The Basic Conditions and the Operating Conditions form a unit and will be interpreted and applied in accordance with the Laws of the Kingdom of Spain, with the Spanish version prevailing over other translations. Customers will assume liability derived from use of the Programme in their respective countries of residence in line with the applicable local legislation in each case.
For all questions that may arise in relation to the interpretation and application of these General Conditions, the parties, who expressly waive any code of law that may correspond to them, submit themselves expressly to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the capital city of Madrid.
- In accordance with the Organic Law 15/1999 on the Protection of Personal Data, you are informed of and authorise the "recording and processing of your personal data" and movements in Avios accounts on computer files for which IBERIA LÍNEAS AÉREAS DE ESPAÑA, S.A. is responsible.
These data may be used for any activity related to the aims of the Programme and the contractual relationship it has with you, including the analysis and formation of profiles and, generally, the undertaking of promotional, marketing and analysis activities by Iberia, the Participating Companies and the Booking Systems.
- You hereby give your express consent for the data referred to in this point to be transferred to a third party which provides data processing services for the Programme, or any subsidiary legal organisation or one in which Iberia has a stake, to enable them to use the data in accordance with the aims of the Programme.
Your personal details may also be transferred generally to Participating Companies, Booking Systems and consultancy and marketing organisations, providing that this transfer is necessary to ensure that you are offered the Programme services and others requested by customers at all times. The parties that transfer the information are obliged at all times to maintain the strictest confidence regarding this information.
You further expressly accept the "information receipt" that the Programme regularly sends containing the movements that occur in your account, special offers by Participating Companies and any others that the Programme considers suitable in relation to the aims of the Programme. All information will be sent to the home address, e-mail address or mobile phone number that you supplied when you applied to join the Programme. If there is any change of address or any of the contact details, you can modify them via Iberia.com or communicate them in writing to the Programme Service Centre.
- You are informed that providing the information contained in the application form to join the Programme is compulsory and failure provide it or incorrect completion of the form authorises the Programme to reject your participation. The information contained in the section of the application contract, under the heading of “YOUR PREFERENCES”, is optional and the holder will not be prevented from joining if the information is not completed or is incomplete.
In order to guarantee the correct handling of your personal details, Iberia Plus offers the option of accessing them via Iberia.com, for which the identification information supplied needs to be entered (IB Plus No. and PIN) in the portal section enabled for this purpose. Once this process is complete, you can use your personal details in all operations you carry out from the website.
- You expressly authorise Iberia, using any technical support valid for this purpose, to record in their entirety the communications and telematic instructions produced during the use of any service with Iberia or any company belonging to the Iberia Group. In any event, you may obtain a copy of these recordings, if you wish, as well as a duplicate or transcription of them, by paying the cost of this operation. Iberia undertakes to guarantee the complete integrity of these recordings and retain them for the legally established time.
- IBERIA reserves the right to use the contact details you have supplied to the Programme to notify you of all operational communications related to the services contracted with IBERIA or with those airlines with which IBERIA has any type of agreement, regardless of the purchase channel, in order to notify you of operational occurrences related to the services contracted with IBERIA or the other airlines.
- You may exercise, free of charge, your rights of opposition, access, rectification and cancellation of the data and the revocation of their authorisation without retroactive effects under the terms specified in Organic Law 15/1999 on the Protection of Personal Data, in accordance with the legally established procedure.
These rights may be exercised by writing to the Department in charge of the computer file: IBERIA, L.A.E., S.A.O., S.U Dirección Sistemas/U. Seguridad Informática, Zona Industrial nº 2, 28042, Madrid. Or you can fax us at +34 91 587 55 64, addressing the letter to “Personal Data Care”.
For any clarification or question, please email us: Atencion_datospersonales@iberia.es.
Operating conditions of the Iberia Plus programme
Please read the general operating conditions that constitute the terms of the contract you must accept to participate in the “Iberia Plus” programme carefully.
More informationExpand all
- There are two types of currency to be earned: Elite Points and Avios.
Elite Points ("EPs") are those earned for flight services with the Iberia Group and the majority of its partner airlines solely and exclusively, and make it possible to maintain current card levels or upgrade to higher levels. The number of Elite points to be recorded will be bound by the tables published for Iberia and its partner airlines on Iberia.com.
Avios is the real-value prize money generated by using Iberia flights, services and products and those of any of the Programme's associated airlines under the terms and conditions applicable at any given time. Avios (basic and promotional) obtained shall be added to the customer’s balance, which may be spent on any Iberia service or product and those of the Programme’s participating companies. The number of Avios to be included for flights shall be in line with the real distance in air miles flown per route and according to the class flown, with a minimum of 500 Avios being awarded. Avios obtained from non-airline Partners shall be established by each participating company as published on Iberia.com.
- Avios and Elite points will be earned every time you use the services offered by Participating Companies under the terms and conditions available at all times. You must identify yourself as a Programme customer when you book, check-in for your flight or when you visit the office or establishment of any of the Participating Companies.
- The Participating Companies will inform you in each case of the type of services and/or fares that earn Avios and Elite points. The amount of Avios and Elite points accrued during each operation will correspond to the fare or service effectively taken out by the customer, irrespective of the services that the Participating Companies may award their customers in each case, including class upgrades, rooms, etc.
- Regardless of who might have paid for the service in the promotion, Avios and Elite points will be awarded to the customer of the Iberia Plus card whose name appears on the plane ticket or contract with any associated company. Avios and Elite points will only be awarded for the product or service used directly by the customer, e.g. in the case of hotel services, for the room occupied by the customer identified beforehand and accredited as such.
Avios and Elite Points will accrue only if the first and family names recorded in the Iberia Plus database match the names on the National Identity Document, Foreigners’ Identification Number, passport or other identification document the customer has provided to Iberia".
- The payment of Avios and Elite points will take place after you identify yourself as a customer when you book your flight or at the time of check-in when you present your Iberia Plus card, and once 24 have passed from the boarding of Iberia Group flights and IB marketing flights. For other non-airline services, Avios will be awarded in accordance with the procedure established in each case by the Partner whose services have been used.
- The automatic crediting of Avios and Elite Points will only be guaranteed if your status as a Programme customer was duly accredited and included at the time of booking.
- To earn Avios and Elite points on flights operated by Vueling, the Iberia Plus card number must be supplied when booking and purchasing the ticket, as no claims for the recording of these Avios can be lodged after the flight has taken place.
Points allocated to flights made with Vueling will be regulated according to the table that governs the earning of Iberia Plus programme Avios for the reduced economy fare. Claims for Avios and Elite Points not automatically credited for air operations when related to Avios generated on flights operated by the Iberia Group (Iberia and Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum) will be managed exclusively through www.iberia.com and must be carried out within six (6) months following the flight. For flight operations made with airlines other than those mentioned above, customers must send the Iberia Plus Services Centre a copy of the air transport ticket or e-ticket itinerary receipt and the original boarding card (on flights where there is no boarding card, a copy of the ticket or the passenger’s original coupon receipt).
Iberia is not liable for the loss or deterioration of the documentation sent. In the event of misplacement, the customer must supply a copy of the documentation sent at the time.
- Claims for other Avios not recorded which correspond to services taken out with non-airline Participating Companies must be lodged directly with these Companies, enclosing documentation that reliably accredits your entitlement for the exercising of which the claim is being made, such as a copy of the hotel bill for operations with hotels, a copy of the vehicle hire agreement, etc.
Please consult the specific conditions of each Participating Company at iberia.com should there be any.
- All flights that can earn Avios and Elite Points and which you have taken three (3) months prior to the date shown on your membership application form will be credited to your account. When referring to Avios and Elite Points earned on Iberia Group* flights, these applications will be processed exclusively through Iberia.com. For the remaining requests for flights other than those of the Iberia Group made three (3) months before you join, you must send a copy of the air carriage ticket or itinerary-receipt e-ticket and the original boarding pass to the Iberia Plus Service Centre.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia and Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum flights. Codeshare flights taken on flights not operated by the Iberia Group are not included.
Avios for services contracted with non-airline Participating Companies will only be credited if the services were provided one (1) month before you joined the Iberia Plus Programme.
- Services obtained and charged to Avios and, generally, any use operation, will not earn Avios.
Under no circumstances will any Avios or Elite Points be earned for tickets with special discounts for airline employees, Travel Agents' special fares or fares derived from commercial agreements.
Iberia reserves the right to exclude other fares from being awarded Avios and Elite points. The Programme informs that Iberia maintains different agreements with other Airlines through which it can sell seats on certain routes operated by these Airlines. These flights are known generically as “Share Code Flights” and include flights made in this category, Space Blocking, joint venture and other similar categories. As a result of these agreements, Iberia Plus customers will obtain Avios and Elite Points on codeshare flights operated by Companies belonging to the Programme. However, tickets charged to Avios cannot be issued on codeshare flights.
You can obtain updated information about the flights included in this category by calling your Iberia Plus Service Centre.
- For use purposes, Avios earned through the use of the services of any Participating Company will be identical in nature.
- The Avios needed to obtain a service charged to Avios will be the same irrespective of the age of the customer or beneficiary.
- Tickets are personal and non-transferrable.
- Service charged to Avios can only be issued on behalf of:
- - Customer
- - Beneficiaries: any person designated as such by the customer. Beneficiaries can be added or removed from the card of the Iberia Plus cardholder exclusively through Iberia.com at any time.
- - Person accompanying the customer: This is the person who, after their ticket has been booked and issued at the same time as the holder’s, flies with them on all legs of the flight (round trips). Only one companion will be allowed per holder per flight.
- A service charged to Avios can be issued through Iberia.com, at Iberia Plus Service Centres and those of the Participating Companies, or at Iberia Sales Offices.
- The customer is directly responsible for paying airport taxes and any others that may accrue as a result of operations charged to Avios. Tickets bought with Avios will also involve a fuel surcharge.
- A ticket is issued on the condition that the customer's account has a sufficient Avios balance (according to the Avios use table in effect at that time) and the availability of seats.
- Avios can only be used on direct flights and in the classes specified on the current tables, with connections but not stopovers allowed. No points are issued while on the “Waiting List”.
- Iberia Plus Avios can only be used on Vueling flights with an Iberia code (IB5XXX), applying the current Iberia Plus Avios use table for "Blue Class" economy fares.
Iberia Plus Avios cannot be used on flights with a Vueling code.
The booking and issuing of tickets charged to Avios on Vueling flights with an Iberia code will be immediate and all bookings will function as independent reservations even when they are connecting flights operated by Iberia. Administration costs and other taxes that may apply will be entered in the accounts independently in Vueling.
- Trips to be made which are charged to Avios in Iberia Group Companies in combination with a Company from the oneworld Alliance or another associate Airline, or with only one of the oneworld or associate Companies, must be round trips with the same origin/same destination. Round trips must always be confirmed, except for the Puente Aéreo between Madrid and Barcelona.
- The ticket will be valid for a maximum of one (1) year as of its date of issue. Tickets charged to Avios which are stolen, misplaced or destroyed will receive the same treatment as tickets that have been paid for. Compensation due to embarkation denied for these tickets will be governed by the regulations in effect at all times for passengers with tickets that have been paid for.
- There are no date restrictions, although on tickets charged to Avios, Iberia and Participating Airlines reserve the right to establish, at any time, a quota of limited seats on the aircraft, enabled for this purpose for passengers who use Iberia Plus Avios. If there are restrictions, they will be specified in the fare or offer conditions in use to apply.
- All codeshare, space blocking or similar flights are expressly excluded from the possibility of redeeming Avios, with the exception of flights operated by Vueling.
- On trips to be made which are charged to Avios, when these include Companies that in the oneworld Alliance (Iberia and other oneworld Companies, or two or more oneworld Companies other than Iberia), the only condition required is that the departure and final destination are the same (up to 8 flight coupons may be included). If several intermediary points are required to reach the final destination, it will be allowed for these points not to be the same.
- Tickets that contain a leg with a oneworld Company and/or bilateral agreements do not allow changes or reimbursements. If these legs are with the Iberia Group, changes to the route will be allowed in principle, providing that no coupon has been flown (one leg of the ticket). Changes can be made by cancelling the ticket and a new one being issued. However, the Programme reserves the right to include special classes of tickets charged to Avios, which will not allow changes to legs, cancellations or other conditions which will be specified on the table. The conditions inherent to each ticket that involves Avios will be kept updated on Iberia.com.
- All flight bookings charged to Avios will be made exclusively at each country's Iberia Plus Service Centre, Iberia Sales or Booking Offices or via the Iberia website.
- A ticket charged to Avios on flights operated by airlines belonging to the Iberia Group* or oneworld Alliance may be issued via www.iberia.com, Iberia Plus Service Centres or Iberia Sales Offices. For other Airlines associated with the Programme, tickets can only be obtained from Iberia Plus Services Centres and Iberia Sales Offices.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia and Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum flights. Code share flights not operated by the Iberia Group are not included.
- At Iberia Sales Offices, the ticket will only be issued to the customer or person authorised by them after their Avios balance has been checked and they have signed the corresponding receipt.
- When the customer, beneficiary or companion, as the case may be, arrives at the check-in counter with a ticket charged to Avios, they must identify themselves with a document that proves their identity which was issued by the country of their nationality if required to do so by the check-in personnel.
Insufficient accreditation will prevent access to the flight.
- Tickets issued on Avios may be fully reimbursed by the customer so long as the ticket allows it. They can be cancelled in any Iberia office or by calling the Iberia Plus Service Centre. Check conditions at Iberia.com.
- Tickets charged to Avios issued in Blue Class mean that plane tickets with Iberia can be obtained for fewer Avios. These tickets will be subject to special conditions.
For any clarification, please consult our Iberia Plus Services Centre.
- The use of Avios is conditional upon there being a sufficient Avios balance in your account and the availability of Participating Companies at any given time.
- There will be no limitation of any kind on acquiring a product or service charged to Avios in the Iberia Plus Programme. However, Participating Companies reserve the right to establish a quota and/or conditions which, if available, will be listed on the current Avios tables. (Blue Class: Reduced fares that are subject to availability).
- Bookings charged to Avios which are made with Participating Companies and not cancelled by the customer within the time established with these Companies, may be penalised with a discount for the amount of Avios that correspond to the first night or day of the service taken out.
- Under no circumstances will Participating Companies refund any sum as compensation for Avios not used, nor can these be used to pay any of the charges presented to the customer.