Advanced flight search engine
- What it is
- How it works
- Using my Avios
- Earn Avios
- Iberia Plus Kids
- Buy and transfer Avios
- Offers and Partners
- Avios & Money
- Iberia Plus Help
GENERAL BASIC CONDITIONS OF THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME
GENERAL BASIC CONDITIONS OF THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME
PLEASE READ THESE GENERAL CONDITIONS CAREFULLY, WHICH CONSTITUTE THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT THAT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE "IBERIA PLUS" PROGRAMME.
I. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAMME
- The "IBERIA PLUS" Programme (hereafter the "Programme" or "Iberia Plus") offers its clients the possibility of earning "Avios" and "Elite Points" when they consume products and/or services of the Participating Companies and exchange them afterwards for other products and/or services of these Companies. The system for earning and exchanging Avios will be subject to the conditions established by the Programme at all times.
- The "Participating Companies" or "Partners" are the organisations which adhere to the Iberia Plus Programme by through a participation contract. These Companies make certain services available to clients, the consumption of which may generate Avios and Elite points or be paid with them. There are no conditions regarding how to earn/redeem avios that apply to the Participating Companies. The client should check which conditions apply for each product/service offered before carrying out actions to earn/redeem Avios.
- "Clients" (Iberia Plus clients) are individuals older than two years old who, having registered on the Programme at Iberia.com, have read and accepted the Programme Participation Conditions (Basic and Operating) and have signed the card issued in their name. Using the card for the first time means full acceptance of these General Conditions.
When registering on the Iberia Plus Programme, the client will be sent a PIN code, which they must change the first time they use it. This PIN code will be personal and non-transferable and its purpose will be the identification of the Iberia Plus client to manage their accounts in the different activated channels.
To ensure clients that their details are being managed correctly, Iberia Plus offers the option of accessing these through www.iberia.com, which requires the identification information provided (IB Plus No. and PIN) be entered in the section of the portal activated for this purpose. Once this process is complete, the client can use their details in all operations that they carry out from the website.
Minors aged between 2 and 18 may be customers so long as their parent, guardian or legal representative has correctly completed the application form to join the Programme. IBERIA reserves the right to ask for proof of representation of the minor and the consent of the representatives to register minors. Minors' representatives should manage the use of the minor's card and IBERIA is exempt from any responsibility relating to the management and use made of cards by minors. .
In those cases that minors, between 2 and 18 years of age, become of legal age and do not want to continue being Iberia Plus clients, they must indicate so in a written document to the Program.
- The "Iberia Plus Card" is personal and non-transferable. It will identify the client with their details and personal account number, enabling them to participate in the Programme as soon as they have signed it.
There are different types of card, ones that expire and ones that do not, single or shared issue and/or brand with other companies, depending on the levels of consumption and the specific agreements covered by the Programme. If the card is lost, stolen or deteriorates, the client must inform their Iberia Plus Services Centre, as the Programme is not liable for the improper or fraudulent use that the card might be put to before this notification is received.
- Earning "Avios and Elite points" is personal on the part of the client. Avios cannot be exchanged for money or other goods other than those specified by the Programme. Avios and Elite points cannot be added to those awarded by any other Programme in which the Participating Companies take part. The Programme reserves the right to withdraw the card, cancel the account and hold accountable the client who makes improper or fraudulent use of the Programme or who does not comply with the rules and procedures contained in these General Conditions.
- The Avios and Elite points and the right to require that a record be made of them is subject to an "expiry" system. The Avios obtained during the calendar year will expire on the 31 December of the fourth year after their obtainment, provided that they have not been used in any operation.
From the 1 January 2012, the total balance of Avios remaining on the client's account will expire after 36 months if no movement of obtainment or use of Avios is detected. To such effect, the movements relating to transferring Avios between the BA Executive Club, Air Miles, and the Programme will not be considered as they are not deemed to be movements of obtainment or use.
The first monthly Avios expiry process with the new criterion begins on 1 March 2012.
The date the customer's balance is due to expire will appear on their balance and movements statement when, according to the control date of the last operation made with the Iberia Plus system, there are 6 months or less until expiry. This information will begin to appear as of 1 January 2012..
Likewise, the right to request the credit of air Avios (Iberia Group* and oneworld) not automatically credited, will expire after a period of 6 months from the date of the flight.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia, Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum and Iberia Express flights. Code share flights not operated by the Iberia Group are not included.
- Due to the nature of the Programme, the Client must bear in mind and accept that the information published at any time in relation to the Participating Companies, available destinations and the Avios tables applicable to the same is of an orientative nature. The Participating Companies are linked to the Programme by a contract of temporary duration and the Avios tables form part of said contract, therefore these items can be changed at any time according to the agreement between Iberia, or other managing company of the Programme and the Participating Company. Any update or variation to these conditions will always be published in Iberia.com.
- The client has the right to make any claims when, in his judgement, the information regarding his/her account and/or movements submitted by the Programme or provided via Iberia.com is incorrect or any of the Participating Companies have unduly refused to award Avios and/or Elite points or other benefits. In all these cases, the liability of Iberia is limited to the rectification of the error as soon as the client can provide irrefutable evidence of his right before the Participating Company with which the service was contracted. The client must always retain a copy of the documentation that they have sent to the Participating Company to uphold their claim in the event of misplacement. During telephone communications, the client must accredit their identity by answering personal identification questions asked by the service operator.
- Iberia is only liable and will guarantee the client the redemption of the uncredited Avios in accordance with the applicable conditions of each case. Iberia is not liable for any claims deriving, directly or indirectly from the relations (contractual or otherwise) between the clients and the Participating Companies in the Programme for the use/acquisition of services/products of said Companies, and regardless of whether that relationship would have occurred in an operation to obtain or redeem Avios and/or Elite points.
- In the event of the cancellation of the Programme, this fact will be notified to the clients, providing them, from the date of notification, one (1) additional month to credit Avios and Elite points and three (3) to redeem the full amount of Avios appearing on their account without, and from that moment, being able to claim against Iberia or any company of the group or managing company of the Programme for this reason. The Programme will be cancelled without prior warning or liability of any kind and the above provisions of this point will not apply should circumstances of force majeure or legal impositions occur at any time that prevent its continuity or development.
- Iberia can modify the working structure of the Programme at any time. In such event, Iberia will notify its clients by email and through its website a minimum of two (2) months in advance of the new working structure and the date from which it will be effective. Any client not wishing to continue in the Programme may redeem the whole sum of the Avios detailed on their account within a period of three (3) months from the date of notification.
- These Basic General Conditions are completed with the "OPERATING CONDITIONS OF THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME", which contain the details of the process for earning and redeeming Avios and Elite points, with the specifications that apply to each type of operation, and which are available always in updated form on the Internet through the Iberia website iberia.com. The Basic Conditions and the Operating Conditions form a unit and will be interpreted and applied in accordance with the Laws of the Kingdom of Spain, with the Spanish version prevailing over other translations. Clients will assume liability derived from use of the Programme in their
respective countries of residence in line with the applicable local legislation in each case.
For all questions that may arise in relation to the interpretation and application of these General Conditions, the parties, who expressly waive any code of law that may correspond to them, submit themselves expressly to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the capital city of Madrid.
II. DATA PROTECTION
- In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 15/1999, the client/holder is informed and authorises the "recording and treatment of their personal data" and movements in Avios accounts on computer files for which IBERIA LÍNEAS AÉREAS DE ESPAÑA, S.A. is responsible.
These data may be used for any activity related to the aims of the Programme and the contractual relationship that it has with the clients, including the analysis and formation of profiles and, generally, the undertaking of promotional, marketing and analysis actions by Iberia, the Participating Companies and the Booking Systems.
- The client gives their express consent for the data referred to in this point to be transferred to a third party which provides data treatment services for the Programme, to any subsidiary legal organisation or one in which Iberia has an interest, to enable them to use the data in accordance with the aims of the Programme.
Similarly, they may be transferred generally to Participating Companies, Booking Systems and consultancy and marketing organisations, providing that this transfer is necessary to ensure that clients are offered the services of the Programme and others requested by the clients at all times and that the parties transferring the data are obliged at all times to maintain the strictest confidence regarding these data.
Similarly, the client expressly accepts the "information receipt" that the Programme regularly sends containing the movements that occur in their account, offers from the Participating Companies and any others that the Programme considers suitable in relation to the aims of the Programme. All information will be sent to the home address, e-mail address or mobile phone indicated by the client in their application to join the Programme. Should there be any change of address or any of the contact details, the client can modify these through Iberia.com or communicate them in writing to the Programme Services Centre.
- The client is informed that delivery of the data contained in the application to join the Programme is compulsory, failure to do so or incorrect completion of this authorises the Programme to reject the participation of the client. The information contained in the section of the application contract, under the heading of "YOUR PREFERENCES", is optional and the client will not be prevented from joining if the information is not completed or is incomplete.
To ensure that clients' details are managed correctly, Iberia Plus offers the option of accessing them via Iberia.com, for which the identification information supplied needs to be entered (IB Plus No. and PIN) in the portal section enabled for this purpose. Once this process is complete, the client can use their details in all operations that they carry out from the website.
- Iberia reserves the right to use the contact information given to the Program to notify you of all the operative communications related with the services hired with Iberia or with those airlines that Iberia has some type of agreement, independently of the purchasing channel with the aim of notifying operative incidents related with the services hired with Iberia or those airlines.
- The client expressly authorises Iberia, using any technical support valid for this purpose, to record in their entirety the communications and telematic instructions produced during the use of any service with Iberia or any company belonging to the Iberia Group. In any event, the client may obtain a copy of these recordings, if they wish, as well as a duplicate or transcription of them, by paying the cost of this operation. Iberia undertakes to guarantee the complete integrity of these recordings and retain them for the legally established time.
- The client may exercise free of charge, the rights of opposition, access, rectification and cancellation of their data and the revocation of their authorisation without retroactive effects under the terms specified in the Personal Data Protection Act 15/1999, in accordance with the legally established procedure.
These rights may be exercised by writing to the Department in charge of the computer file: IBERIA, L.A.E., S.A.O., S.U.. Systems Management/U. IT Security, Industrial Estate No. 2, 28042, Madrid. Or by faxing +34 91 587 55 64, to "For Personal Data".
Please include all clarifications or doubts in an e-mail and send to the following address Atencion_datospersonales@iberia.es
OPERATING CONDITIONS OF THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME
PLEASE READ THE GENERAL OPERATING CONDITIONS, WHICH CONSTITUTE THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT THAT YOU WILL NEED TO ACCEPT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE "IBERIA PLUS" PROGRAMME
I. GAINING Avios AND ELITE POINTS
- There are two types of money to be earned: Elite points and Avios
Elite points (EPs) are those earned for flight services with the Iberia Group and the majority of its partner airlines solely and exclusively, and make it possible to maintain current card levels or access higher levels. The number of Elite points to be recorded will be bound by the tables published for Iberia and its partner airlines on Iberia.com.
Avios is the real-value prize money generated by using Iberia flights, services and products and those of any of the programme's associated airlines under the terms and conditions applicable at any given time. Avios (basic and promotional) obtained shall be added to the customer's balance, which may be spent on any Iberia service or product and those of the Programme's participating companies. The number of Avios to be included for flights shall be in line with the real distance in air miles flown per route and according to the class flown, with a minimum of 500 Avios being awarded. Earning Avios with non-airline partners shall be established by each partner in line with the matters published on Iberia.com.
- Avios and Elite points will be earned every time the client uses the services offered by the Participating Companies under the terms and conditions available at all times. All clients must identify themselves as such when making their booking, when checking for their flight or when visiting the office or establishment of any of the Participating Companies in the Programme.
- The Participating Companies in the Programme will inform in each case which type of services and/or fares generate Avios and Elite points. The amount of Avios and Elite points accrued during each operation will correspond to the fare or service effectively taken out by the client, irrespective of the services that the Participating Companies in the Programme may eventually award their clients in each case, including class upgrades, room upgrades, etc.
- Regardless of who might have paid for the service in the promotion, Avios and Elite points will be awarded to the client of the Iberia Plus card whose name figures on the air ticket or contract with any associated company. Avios and Elite points will only be awarded for the product or service consumed directly by the client; e.g. in the case of hotel services, for the room occupied by the client identified beforehand and accredited as such.
Avios and Elite Points will accrue only if the first and family names recorded in the Iberia Plus database match the names on the National Identity Document, Foreigners' Identification Number, passport or other identification document the customer has provided to Iberia".
- The crediting of Avios and Elite points will take place after identification as a client when reserving your flight or at the time of checking in and presenting the Iberia Plus card, and once 24 have passed from the boarding of Iberia Group flights, and marketing flights. For other non-airline services, Avios will be awarded in accordance with the procedure established in each case by the Partner whose services have been used.
- The automatic crediting of EPS will only be guaranteed if the status of client of the Programme has been duly accredited and included at the time of reservation
- To earn Avios and Elite points on flights operated by Vueling, the Iberia Plus card number must be supplied when booking and purchasing the ticket, as no claims for the recording of these Avios can be lodged after the flight has taken place.
Scoring allocated to flights made with Vueling will be regulated according to the table that governs the earning of Iberia Plus programme Avios for the reduced tourist fare.
Clams for Avios not automatically credited for Air operations when related to Avios generated on flights operated by Iberia Group (Iberia and Iberia Regional/air Nostrum) will be managed exclusively through Iberia.com and must be carried out with the six months following the flight
For flight operations made with airlines other than those mentioned above, clients must send the Iberia Plus Services Centre a copy of the air transport ticket or e-ticket itinerary receipt and the original boarding card (on flights where there is no boarding card, a copy of the ticket or the passenger's original coupon receipt).
Iberia is not liable for the loss or deterioration of the documentation sent. In the event of misplacement, the client must supply a copy of the documentation sent at the time.
- Claims for other Avios not recorded which correspond to services taken out with non-airline Participating Companies in the Programme must be made directly to these Companies, enclosing the documentation that reliably accredits the right, for the exercising of which the claim is being made, such as the copy of the hotel bill for operations with hotels, a copy of the vehicle hire agreement, etc.
Please consult the specific conditions of each Participating Company at Iberia.com should there be any.
- All flights susceptible to generating Avios that the client has taken three (3) months prior to the date appearing on the membership application, will be credited to the client's account. When referring to Avios generated on Iberia Group* flights, these applications will be processed exclusively through Iberia.com. For the remaining corresponding requests for flights other than those of Iberia Group made three (3) months before membership, it will be necessary for the client to send the copy of the air transport ticket or the itinerary-receipt electronic ticket and the original boarding card to the Iberia Plus Service Centre.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia and Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum flights. Code share flights not operated by Iberia are not included.
Only Avios for services contracted with non airline Participating Companies will be credited if the services were provided one (1) month before the date of membership in the Iberia Plus Programme.
- Services obtained that earn Avios and, generally, any use operation will not generate Avios.
Under no circumstances will any Avios or Elite Points be generated for tickets with special discounts for airline employees, Travel Agents' special fares or fares derived from commercial agreements.
Iberia reserves the right to exclude other rates from being awarded Avios and Elite points. The Programme informs that Iberia maintains different agreements with other Airlines through which it can sell seats on certain routes operated by these Airlines. These flights are known generically as "Share Code Flights" and include flights made in this category, Space Blocking, joint venture and other similar categories. As a result of these agreements, Iberia Plus clients will be awarded Avios and Elite points on share code flights operated by Companies belonging to the Programme. However, tickets charged to Avios cannot be issued on code share flights.
The client may obtain updated information about the flights included in this category by calling the Iberia Plus Services Centre.
II. HOW TO USE AVIOS
- For use/redemption purposes, Avios earned through the use of the services of any Participating Company in the Programme will be identical.
- The Avios needed to obtain a service charged to Avios will be the same irrespective of the age of the client or beneficiary.
- Tickets are personal and non-transferable.
- Service charged to Avios can only be issued on behalf of:
The beneficiaries: any person designated as such by the client. beneficiaries can be added or removed from the card of the Iberia Plus card client exclusively through Iberia.com at any time.
The person accompanying the client: This is the person who, after their ticket has been booked and issued at the same time as the client's, flies with them on all legs of the flight (round trips). Only one companion will be allowed per client per flight.
- A service charged to Avios can be issued through Iberia.com, at Iberia Plus Services Centres and those of the Participating Companies, or at Iberia Sales Offices.
- The client is directly responsible for paying airport taxes and any others that may be accrued as a result of operations charged to Avios. Also, tickets bought with Avios will involve a fuel surcharge.
III. USING AVIOS ON FLIGHTS
- A ticket is issued on the condition that the client's account has a sufficient Avios balance (according to the Avios table use in effect at that time) and the availability of seats.
- Avios can only be used on direct flights and in classes specified in the current tables, with connections but not stop-overs allowed. No Avios are issued while on the "Waiting List".
- Iberia Plus Avios can only be used on Vueling flights that have an Iberia code (IB5XXX), with the application of the current Iberia Plus Avios usage table for "Blue Class" tourist fares. Iberia Plus Avios cannot be used on flights with a Vueling code.
The reservation and emission of tickets charged to Avios on Vueling flights with an Iberia code will be immediate and all the reservations will function as independent reservations even though they are connecting flights operated by Iberia. The administration costs and other taxes that may be applied are accounted for separately in Vueling.
- Trips to be made which are charged to Avios in Iberia Group Companies in combination with a Company from the oneworld Alliance or another associate Airline, or with only one of the one world or associate Companies, must be round trips with the same origin/same destination. Round trips must always be confirmed, except for the Puente Aéreo between Madrid and Barcelona.
- The ticket will be valid for a maximum of one (1) year as of its date of issue. Tickets charged to Avios which are stolen, misplaced or destroyed will receive the same treatment as tickets that have been paid for. Compensation due to embarkation denied for these tickets will be governed by the regulations in effect at all times for passengers with tickets that have been paid for.
- There are no date restrictions, although on tickets charged to Avios, Iberia and Participating Airlines reserve the right to establish, at any time, a quota of limited seats on aircraft, activated for this purpose for passengers who use Iberia Plus Avios. Any restrictions involved will be specified in the fare or offer conditions in use to apply.
- All code share, space blocking or similar flights are expressly excluded from the possibility of redeeming Avios with the exception of flights operated by Vueling.
- On trips to be made which are charged to Avios, when these include Companies that belong to the oneworld Alliance (Iberia and other oneworld Companies, or two more one world Companies other than Iberia), the sole condition required is that the departure and final destination are the same (up to 8 flight coupons may be included). If several intermediary points are required to reach the final destination, it will be allowed for these points not to be the same.
- Tickets that contain a leg with a oneworld Company and/or bilateral agreements do not allow changes or reimbursements. If these legs are with the Iberia Group, changes to the route will be allowed in principle, providing that no coupon has been flown (one leg of the ticket). Changes can be made by cancelling the ticket and a new one being issued. The above notwithstanding, the Programme reserves the right to include special classes of tickets charged to Avios, which will allow changes to legs, cancellations and other conditions to be specified in the table. The conditions inherent to each ticket that involves Avios will be kept updated on Iberia.com.
- All bookings for flights charged to Avios will be made exclusively at each country's Iberia Plus Service Centre, Iberia Sales or Bookings Offices and through the Iberia website, www.iberia.com.
- A ticket charged to Avios on flights operated by airlines belonging to the Iberia Group* or oneworld Alliance can be issued through www.iberia.com, Iberia Plus Services Centres or Iberia Sales Offices. For other Airlines associated with the Programme, tickets can only be obtained from Iberia Plus Services Centres and Iberia Sales Offices.
* The Iberia Group comprises Iberia and Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum flights. Code share flights not operated by the Iberia Group are not included.
- At Iberia Sales Offices, the ticket will only be delivered to the client or person authorised by them after their Avios balance has been consulted and they have signed the corresponding receipt.
- When the client, beneficiary or companion, as the case may be, arrives at the check-in desk with a ticket charged to Avios, they must identify themselves with a document that accredits their identity which was issued by the country of their nationality if required to do so by the check-in agent.
Insufficient accreditation will prevent access to the flight.
- Tickets issued on Avios may be fully reimbursed by the customer so long as the ticket allows it. They can be cancelled in any Iberia office or by calling the Iberia Plus Service Centre. Check conditions at Iberia.com.
- Tickets charged to Avios which were issued in Blue Class mean that plane tickets with Iberia can be obtained for fewer Avios.
These tickets will be subject to special conditions.
For any clarification, please consult our Iberia Plus Services Centre.
IV USING AVIOS IN OTHER PARTICIPATING COMPANIES ON THE IBERIA PLUS PROGRAMME
- The use of Avios is conditioned to there being a sufficient Avios balance in the client's account and the availability of Participating Companies at all times.
- There will be no limitation of any kind for acquiring a product or service charged to Avios on the Iberia Plus Programme. However, the Participating Companies reserve the right to establish a quota and / or conditions, if available, are listed in current Avios tables, (e.g. Blue Class: Reduced fares that are subject to availability).
- Bookings charged to Avios which are made in the Participating Companies and which are not cancelled by the client within the time established with these Companies, may be penalised with a discount for the amount of Avios that correspond to the first night or day of the service taken out.
- Under no circumstances, will Participating Companies reimburse any sum as compensation for Avios not used, nor can these be used to pay any of the charges presented to the client.