Changes, cancellations and reimbursementsAny questions?
FAQs regarding Changes, cancellations and reimbursements
What processes can I perform through “Manage your booking?”
Once the electronic ticket (TKT) has been issued through Iberia.com, you only need your booking code and access Manage your bookingwhere you can:
- Buy your ticket or cancel reservations made at Iberia.com: If your reservation was not completed, select the option you require.
- Status of your booking:Check the status of your bookings: flights, dates, times, etc. You can also make a copy of the itinerary and see your ticket number (TKT) .
- Change your booking: You can change the flights/dates booked if allowed by your fare.
Book your seat or buy extra baggage.
Change or include your contact phone number.
Changes to names on reservations of seats and/or tickets are NOT allowed.
- Special services request: Booking of domestic animals in the cabin, special equipment in the hold (sports equipment, wheelchairs, bicycles, etc.) and the service for travellers with special needs.
- Access our special offers for travelling in Business: Tell us the price you're willing to pay to travel in Business and enjoy the experience.
- Add your details, Advance Passenger Information[Open in a new window] (API) : The governments of certain countries require that Iberia compiles Specific Passenger Information before starting the trip.
- Complete your trip: Take advantage of all of our offers and book your hotel or transfers with us, take out insurance, hire a car or arrange tours, activities, excursions and much more.
- Book your special meal: Ask for a special meal for your flight of over 4.5 hours in tourist class or over 90 minutes in Business class.
If your ticket does not allow changes via Iberia.com, you need to call our Call Centre[Open in a new window] or go to an Iberia sales office to action them.
For a return trip, if I don't use the outward journey can I still use the return flight?
Regardless of the fare applied, if any of the legs bought are not used, the remaining legs on the ticket will automatically be cancelled.
How long is a ticket valid for?
A ticket is proof of the existence, conclusion and content of a transport contract between an airline and the passenger whose name appears on the ticket.
If your query is in regard to a change of flight dates, change of itinerary or change in maximum stay permitted at the destination, please contact Serviberia directly or any Iberia office to consult your ticket conditions.
If your ticket was issued by a travel agency and you have not yet begun your trip, please contact the agency where you purchased the ticket.
Can I cancel my ticket and obtain a refund?
This will depend on the tariff chosen. Most of the tariffs where restrictions apply don't allow refunds, returns or changes, and where in some cases they are allowed, there is an associated penalty fee.
If you purchased your ticket on Iberia.com, please check the refund conditions in the booking management or call Serviberia: (+35) 3 818 46 2000
(spanish & english) 00:00 - 24:00 Lt. Monday to Sunday
. However, if your ticket was purchased through an agency, please contact them directly.
- The fee for issuing the ticket is non-refundable
Ticket cancellation and refund in the event of death
Generally, and so long as you present the original death certificate and a photocopy of the Family Book, Iberia will authorise the full reimbursement of a plane ticket in the event of the death of a close relative, i.e., parent, child, spouse or in-law, of the ticket holder.
Please contact Serviberia directly for handling this request, or see your travel agent if the ticket was issued by a travel agency.
Can the final tariff change depending on whether I choose the pre-booking or purchase option?
No. When you make a reservation via Iberia.com, the price that is shown includes airport taxes.
Please remember that if you choose the pre-booking option, the reservation will be held for 72 hours, during which they can be purchased at any time by visiting the home page and selecting Manage your booking. If you prefer you can buy your ticket (s) at any Iberia office or Travel Agency. If you choose this latter option, every agency will apply its own table of ticketing fees.
If this period expires without confirming the purchase, the reservation will be cancelled.
If you decide to buy the ticket, the issuing of the ticket (s) and charging to your card are performed automatically.
If you entered a discount with Avios voucher you will need to enter them again when your confirm the booking because the Avios may have changed.
Can you change the name on the tickets?
Changes to names on reservations of seats and/or tickets are NOT allowed. For this reason we ask you to pay special attention when writing the names and family name(s) of the passengers, which must coincide with the documentation they present at the airport on the day of the flight. If the details on the ticket don't coincide with the documentation presented, the right to board the flight may be denied.
How do I request proof of having flown, been delayed or having my flight cancelled?
As a client, you can obtain a receipt through Iberia.com in Complaints , selecting within Other category and indicating the type of proof you require. You can also make the request in writing, including the followingi nformation:
The name of the passenger must be the same as the person making the request.
Ticket number or a photocopy of it.
Route taken by the flight.
Photocopy of National Identity Document or Passport.
Signature of the passenger making the request.
Email or postal address where you would like to receive the document request.
Please state very clearly the type of proof you require. Iberia provides proof of:
Not having flown
Embarkation denied (not being allowed to board a flight)
Delay to a flight
Cancellation of a flight
Send your request to the following postal address:
CENTRO DE ATENCIÓN AL CLIENTE
APDO CORREOS 36315