- You are the holder of a confirmed reservation on any flight operated by Iberia to/from Israel. Including flights with layovers.
- The ticket acquired corresponds to a tariff published or related to the Iberia Plus programme.
- You have checked in and arrived at the airport at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
And you are affected by one of the following situations:
- Cancellation. If your flight was cancelled without prior notification and the cancellation is due to extraordinary circumstances beyond our control, we shall provide you with:
- DENIED BOARDING. If we have denied your boarding, it will have been as a result of not being able to find enough volunteers willing to opt for our financial compensation in exchange for giving up their seat and transferring to a later flight.
Under these circumstances we will award compensation equal to that described in the cancellations table, maintaining the 50% discount for each flight distance range and destination arrival time.
- DELAYED FLIGHTS. If the departure of your flight is delayed, we will assist you according to the waiting time, as detailed:
- From 2 to 5 hours:
- Food and drink in accordance with the waiting time.
- Communication services similar to those detailed for cancellations as well as accommodation and transport if an overnight stay is necessary.
- More than 5 hours and up to 8 hours: in addition to the aforementioned protection, the following is added:
- The offer of a refund or relocation to a later flight.
- Greater than 8 hours: under these circumstances, we offer our customer the protection as per cancelled flights.
- CHANGE OF CLASS. If for any reason we are forced to change your Business Class seat for a seat in Tourist Class, you shall be compensated, within 21 days, for an amount equal to 80% of the price of your ticket.
In addition to the foregoing, Iberia Customer Services shall personally deal with any other incident that may have arisen and is not considered within the body of regulations of this Law.
Customer Service Centre
Apartado de Correos 36315
28080 - Madrid
This notification contains a summary of the rights to benefits available under the Law. In the event of inconsistency between the terms of this notification and the provisions of the said Law, the provisions of the Law will apply.
Aviation Services Law of Israel 5772-2012 : Enacted by the Parliament (Knesset) on the 29 Iyar, 5772 (21 May 2012).