check-in onlineAny questions?
FAQs regarding check-in online
How to check in at Iberia.com
Online check-in at Iberia.com in 5 simple steps – you just need a computer or tablet with internet connection. If you have a smartphone you can log into Iberia.mobi or download the apps for iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
Reserve your seat and get your boarding pass from the moment you purchase your flights from Iberia, Iberia Express and Air Nostrum, except for flights to/from London, Lyon, Bogota, Sao Paulo, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, USA, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Southafrica and Cuba, where check-in is possible 24 hours before departure.
On all flights, you can continue doing the check-in online starting the day prior to the flight.
There are some airports of origin do not permit online check-in. You can consult the authorised origins in the check in page, in the “Origin” box.
You can obtain your boarding pass online up to 1 hour prior to the flight's scheduled departure (90 minutes in Lagos, San José and 180 minutes in Caracas).
- Searching for your booking:
- Select one of the two options available to supply the search data.
- Booking code. You should know the booking code and the passenger’s surname as it appears on the booking. (What is the booking code and where can I find it?[Open in a new window])
- Iberia Plus card number. If you included your card number when you booked you can do the search using just your Iberia Plus card number and PIN. (Forgotten your PIN number or don’t have one?).
- Flight selection:
- Select the flight/s you wish to check-in for.
- Seat selection:
- Choose and reserve your seat with Iberia.com from the time of purchase. If your fare does not include the possibility of choosing and reserving a seat, you can do it before you fly at a better price than at the airport. Check the conditions, depending on the cabin class you wish to fly in.
- Confirm data:
- Check that all the data are correct before the boarding passes are issued.
- Boarding pass issue:
- Print out the boarding pass to a PDF document, receive the mobile pass by email or receive a text message with a link to display or download your mobile pass. 1 copy of the boarding pass per flight or leg.
And, if you use an iPhone or iPod with version iOS6 or later, you can easily download your mobile boarding pass to your Passbook wallet.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only, check the boarding gate on the flight information screens and go directly to the gate after first passing through the security checks* where you must show your documentation.
* Having authorised the online check-in procedures, the security services at the airports may, under exceptional circumstances, restrict and/or limit access to the boarding areas. If this happens to you, please contact our airport personnel who will be happy to help you.
The mobile boarding card
The mobile boarding pass is a 2D (QR) code which contains all of the flight data and lets you carry your boarding pass in your mobile terminal and proceed directly to the aircraft without having to carry more paperwork with you.
For efficient identification, you just have to hold your mobile terminal with the 2D image on the screen up to the card reader of the mobile boarding pass and wait a few seconds for the positive identification to be registered.
The mobile boarding pass can be used at the check-in counter, the security checks and at boarding. Identification is more streamlined and dynamic, with less paper used for printing boarding cards.
You will find all details on the mobile boarding pass, along with information on the airports where you can use it, at the end of the page Check-in Information.
What is online check-in?
The simplest, quickest way to obtain your flight boarding card from home.
Reserve your seat and get your boarding pass from the moment you purchase your flights from Iberia, Iberia Express and Air Nostrum, except for the following origins/destinations where you can check in online from 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart:
- Sao Paulo
- Puerto Rico
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
On the rest of the flights, you can continue doing the check-in online starting the day prior to the flight.
The time limit to obtain your boarding pass online is up to 1 hour before the flight's scheduled departure (90 minutes in Lagos, San José and 180 minutes in Caracas). More information
If you prefer, you can also check in at the airport using our self-service check-in kiosks or at the counters.
Cancel boarding card
Once the online boarding card has been issued, it cannot be cancelled. If you do not go to the boarding gate, you will be recorded as a no-show passenger and the rules regarding changes and refunds in the fare you paid will apply.
My boarding pass hasn't come out, but the check-in online system is telling me that I've been checked in. What should I do?
You can print a duplicate of the boarding pass from your computer.
Remember that if you forget your boarding pass, you should go to the check-in kiosk or the check-in desk for a copy.
Why can't I check in online?
For most of our Iberia, Iberia Express and Air Nostrum flights you can obtain your boarding pass as soon as you purchase your ticket. However, if you are flying to/from London, Lyon, the USA, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua and Cuba, you can only check in 24 hours before departure.
You cannot check in online if:
- The airport of origin does not permit online check-in. Consult the authorised origins in the check in page, in the “Origin” box.
- The operator is different. In this case, we will redirect you to the website if the operator is American Airlines, British Airlines, Finnair or Vueling. This means that you cannot acquire an additional baggage allowance through Iberia.com.
- You have requested some form of assistance (minors, PMR, etc.), you are travelling with a medical authorisation, you are flying with your pet, you have booked an extra seat, etc.
- On flights to the USA: the American authorities may refuse permission for online check-in.
In all of these cases you must check in at the airport.
If you are trying to check in and the message "Due to the nature of your booking, you cannot check in online" appears, and it is not for any of the exceptions described above, please try again 24 hours before the departure of your flight. If you still cannot obtain your boarding pass, you will have to check in at the airport.
MyBagTag: Check your baggage from home
Now when you check-in online through www.iberia.com on a direct flight (no connections) with origin Madrid and destination in any authorized international airport, you can add the number of suitcases you wish to take and print out in colour the check-in tags on a single sheet of paper. You then fold the paper (one per suitcase, without copies or duplicates) into four and pop it into the plastic case you can pick up at Madrid airport to reuse on various trips. Once at the airport, you just have to drop your suitcase off at the fast drop-off counters (In the case of Madrid, counters 810-811 and 850-851 at T4).
When you have left your suitcase you can make your way directly to the boarding gates.
The status of my ticket is shown as "Unable to check-in" Why?
There are a number of reason why your ticket may not be available for check-in. To learn the actual reason you can review this directly via the link "Unable to check in" which will pop up at the time of requesting online check-in. You can see in the image where you need to click. A window will appear with stating the reason why you are unable to check in with your ticket.
If you require more information you can also contact the issuing agent or our call centre [Open in a new window].
What do the letters SBY-STL on my boarding pass mean?
The letters SBY appear on a boarding pass when your boarding is subject to space and dependent on the settlement of the waiting list at the airport to confirm your seat.