check-in onlineAny questions?
FAQs regarding check-in online
Cancel boarding card or change assigned seat
Once the online boarding card has been issued, it cannot be cancelled. If you do not go to the boarding gate, you will be recorded as a no-show passenger and the rules regarding changes and refunds in the fare you paid will apply.
To change your seat once you have your boarding card, you should do so directly at the airport. The online autocheck-in system does not allow you to change seats when the boarding card has been issued. You should be aware that the change of seat can have an additional cost
What is on-line check-in?
The simplest, quickest way to obtain your flight boarding card from home.
From one day before and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight, you can obtain your boarding card on-line and access the boarding gate at some airports without stopping at the check-in desks or the automatic check-in machines.
How to check in at iberia.com
Online check-in at Iberia.com in 5 simple steps – you just need a computer or tablet with an internet connection. If you have a smartphone you can log into iberia.mobi or download the apps for iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
- Searching for your booking:
- Select one of the two options available to supply the search data.
- Booking code. You should know the booking code or localiser and the passenger’s last name as it appears on the booking. (What is the booking code and where can I find it?)
- Iberia Plus card number. If you included your card number when you booked you can do the search using just your Iberia Plus card number and PIN code. (Forgotten your PIN number or don’t have one?).
- Flight selection:
- You can select the flight/s you wish to check-in for.
- Seat selection:
- You can choose and reserve your seat with Iberia.com from the time of purchase. If your fare does not include the possibility of choosing and reserving a seat, you can do it before you fly at a better price than at the airport. Check the conditions, depending on the cabin class you wish to fly in
- Confirm data:
- You should check that all the data are correct before the boarding passes are issued.
- Boarding pass issue:
- You can print out the boarding pass on a PDF document, receive the mobile pass by email or receive a text message with a link to display or download your mobile pass. 1 copy of the boarding pass per flight or leg.
And, if you use an iPhone or iPod with version iOS6 or later, you can easily download your mobile boarding pass to your Passbook wallet.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only, check the boarding gate on the flight information screens and go directly to the gate after first passing through the security checks* where you must show your documentation.
* Having authorised the online check-in procedures, the security services at the airports may, under exceptional circumstances, restrict and/or limit access to the boarding areas. If this happens to you, please contact our airport personnel who will be happy to help you.
Who can use the on line check-in service?
All Iberia Clients with tickets issued for Iberia flights that depart from these airports and to any Iberia destination with the exception of Russia.
If you are traveling with luggage, you should hand it in at the luggage-only check-in desks (only available at Madrid and Barcelona airports) or at the ordinary check-in desks at least 45 minutes before the flight departure.
See time limit for other destinations.
Afterwards proceed to security control* and show your documentation
- You will not be able to use this service when you require a special service: service for unaccompanied minors, wheelchairs, etc.
- Flights with code IB4XXX, IB7XXX are excluded, as are flights which make direct connections with other airlines.
- When you have to present your credit card at the airport, you will not be able to use this service.
- This does not apply on 'puente aéreo' Madrid-Barcelona shuttle flights.
* Although the airport security services have authorized the on-line check-in procedures, they may prevent and/or limit access to boarding areas in exceptional circumstances. In such cases contact our airport staff, who are completely at your service to provide assistance.
The status of my ticket is shown as "Unable to check-in" Why?
There are a number of reason why your ticket may not be available for check-in. To learn the actual reason you can review this directly via the link "Unable to check in" which will pop up at the time of requesting online check-in. You can see in the image where you need to click. A window will appear with stating the reason why you are unable to check in with your ticket.
If you require more information you can also contact the issuing agent or our call centre .
The boarding card has not come out, but the check in online system is telling me that I have been checked in. What should I do?
If this if your case you can now print a duplicate of the boarding pass from your computer.
Remember that if you forget your boarding pass, you should go to the check-in kiosk or the check-in desk to request a copy.