Advanced flight search engine
- Before traveling
- At the airport
- On board
- Destination arrival
- Products & Services
- Customer Relations
Luggage of declared value
When a passenger presents luggage for which they wish to make a declaration of special value at check-in, the regulations set out below will apply:
Passengers must arrive at check-in with sufficient time to allow for the following:
- Opening of luggage of special value
- Signature of the excess luggage ticket document
- Verification of the existence of the objects to be covered by the declaration
- Locking of the luggage
- Its valuation must exceed 1,000 special drawing rights (approximately equivalent to 1,200 euros).
- Declaration values may not exceed US$5,000 (or the equivalent thereof) per passenger
A fee of 0.5% of the value declared by passengers will be applied and an excess luggage ticket will have to be issued.
Carriage in conjunction with other companies
Luggage of declared value will not be accepted for transport on other companies' lines, unless they consent thereto.