Due to the special characteristics of these passengers, and for safety reasons, they may travel unaccompanied as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 5 and 11.
This service is mandatory for children in this age group who are travelling alone.
- Name of guardian responsible for the child at the departure point, address and contact phone number.
- Name of the person responsible for the child at the arrival point, address and contact phone number.
- Passport or visa, if required at the destination
As well as allowing us to determine the identity of the person responsible for meeting the child, this also allows us to contact this person if necessary.
Children are taken care of from their arrival at the check-in to handover of the child at the destination airport, and are also accompanied in transit if they have to change flights.
Service cost (to be paid at the time of the booking and issuing of the ticket)
The service cost per leg is:
- Domestic (excluding Canary Islands) €30
- To Europe, Canary Islands, Middle East and Africa (except and Luwanda) €50
- From Europe, Middle East and Africa to America and Luwanda €75
- From/to America and Luwanda USD100
In addition, the following recommendations should be taken into account:
- Make bookings more than 24 hours before the start of a journey.
- Arrive at the airport in plenty of time, in order to complete the documentation required.
- Provide the minor with an extra copy of the relevant contact numbers at the origin and destination alike.
- Do not leave the departure airport facilities until it has been confirmed that the flight has taken off.
Please note that, due to the special treatment required by these passengers, internet bookings are not allowed. To make a booking, please contact your Iberia Call Centre branch or a travel agency.
Finally, please remember that, for the purposes of air transport, only passengers over 16 years of age will be considered as adults for the purposes of accompanying a child(18 years old for Vueling flights) .
For further information, please contact the Iberia Call Centre in your country.
Iberia will not accept bookings or tickets for unaccompanied minors (UM's) when companies, including code-share flights (IB4XXX and IB7XXX), are involved in the transport.