Advanced flight search engine
Punctuality on your part and on ours
The deadline is the time up to which passengers may complete flight admittance formalities and check in prior to the scheduled departure time of their flight (indicated on the coupon).
Check in 45 minutes before the departure of your flight.
The check-in time for Iberia flights ends, for all passengers, 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time (in some airports in Iberia's network, earlier deadlines may apply for security reasons).
In general the following table is applied:
- For the Air Shuttle, the check-in time limit is 20 minutes before flight departure.
- For short-haul and medium haul routes, the check-in time limit is 45 minutes before flight departure.
For long-haul routes:
- Check-in 45 minutes before departure of your flight: Santiago de Chile and Santo Domingo.
- Check in 60 minutes before departure of your flight: Algiers, New York (JFK), Boston, Buenos Aires (Ezeiza), Quito(*), Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, San Juan, Havana (*), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (O'Hare), Tel Aviv (*), Lima (*), Guayaquil(*), Guatemala City, Panama City, Miami, Bogota (*), Montevideo and Mexico City.(*)
- Check in 90 minutes before departure of your flight: Dakar, Lagos, Luanda, San Jose, Caracas.
(*) For security reasons we recommend that passengers check-in 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of their flight.
Passengers without luggage, who have an advance boarding pass and are travelling to destinations within Spain, the European Union or countries covered by the Schengen Treaty must, likewise, present themselves half an hour beforehand at any Iberia contact point (Iberia information Points, check-in desks or departure gates) in the relevant terminal. Business Plus and Business Class passengers may also present themselves in VIP lounges.
Our check-in service, an automatic check-in system that makes your passage through airports faster and more convenient, is available in all Spain's major airports.
Boarding on time
Having checked in, it is essential that all our passengers, whether travelling with or without luggage, be at their flight's boarding gate 20 minutes before departure time.
Please bear the following in mind:
- It is important to check that you have up-to-date travel documentation with you (ID card and/or passport in the case of origin and destination countries in the EU and the Schengen area; passport and visas for all other origin and destination countries).
- Carriage of your luggage is free, within the allowance limits
- Times are calculated to enable the transport operator to fulfil all the requisites that must be met prior to the aeroplane gaining clearance.
- In the event of a passenger not having completed the necessary formalities within the specified deadline, they will not be admitted to their flight, in which respect the transport operator will not be held liable.
Aeroplanes cannot be delayed due to the late arrival of passengers. Moreover, the airline may apply to such passengers regulations on cancellation and failure to show, entailing certain costs being calculated on the basis of the fare.