Advanced flight search engine
Security Measures Affecting Hand Luggage
Security Measures Affecting Hand Luggage for all Passengers Flying from European Airports
Informamos que los pasajeros de procedencia internacional y su equipaje deberán pasar aduana en el primer punto de entrada a México. Esta normativa se aplica tambien a aquellos pasajeros que esten en tránsito y hayan facturado su equipaje a destino final.
In accordance with Regulation 1546/2006 of the European Union, the list of restricted articles in hand luggage has been modified, and now includes liquids (including water and other drinks, soups, and syrups), perfumes, gels (including hair and shower gels), pastes (including toothpaste), mascara, creams, lotions and oils, sprays, contents of pressurised containers (including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants), liquid-solid mixtures, and any other item of similar consistency.
Exceptionally, passengers may carry with their hand luggage small quantities of these articles in containers of 100 ml., but they must be carried in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag, and whose maximum capacity does not exceed one litre.
In addition, these small containers must be placed loosely in the bag (see picture) to facilitate their inspection by security personnel. Passengers must present these bags separately from their hand luggage at security control Avios.
Exempt from this restriction are:
- People who travel with infants, who may carry baby formula or juice. In addition, when necessary, passengers may carry dietetic products, medicines (liquid, gel or aerosol), insulin, and other medicines in quantities required for the duration of the trip, presenting the relevant proof of authenticity at security control Avios.
Articles acquired by passengers in EU airports shops -when located beyond the point where passengers show their boarding pass- or on board aircraft operated by an EU airline.
(VERY IMPORTANT: If you are going to transfer/transit in any other airport, please make sure that these items are delivered to you in transparent bags sealed by the vendor and containing the sales receipt. These bags must remain sealed until the final destination).
Articles not properly sealed may be confiscated by authorities at security control Avios.
Iberia will deliver items purchased during flights in bags that fully comply with all provisions of this European regulation. The sales receipt will be visible inside the bag as proof of its purchase aboard an Iberia flight, and the bag will be sealed before it is handed to the customer. It must be kept sealed until the final destination is reached.
- These restrictions do not affect checked luggage, which may contain liquids, creams and other items of similar texture.
European Regulation 1546/2006 also states that:
- Passengers must remove their overcoats and jackets which will be viewed separately by the scanner while the passenger walks through the metal detection arch.
- Laptop computers and other large electronic devices will be passed separately through the scanner.
This Regulation applies to all passengers departing from or in transit through any airport in the European Union*, as well as Switzerland, Iceland and Norway. They are similar to those already in force for passengers flying to or from the United States.
* European Union members countries are the following: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Eire, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.