Guarantee of use
- Reserving or choosing a seat by paying for it beforehand is optional and subject to seating availability at the time of lodging the request. It applies exclusively to individual passengers from the time of making their booking, through to one hour before flight departure. From 24 hours before the flight departs, you can choose the seat you like when you check in (by paying for it) or opt for random seat allocation at no extra cost.
- Iberia may block a certain number of seats up to 3 days before the flight departure for operational reasons and for passengers with special needs (adults with babies, unaccompanied minors, special groups, passengers with a physical disability, etc.)
- The booking and use of the seat cannot voluntarily be transferred to another passenger.
- No deductions are applied for Residents or Large Families as this is a voluntary option for passengers.
- The cost of early seat booking includes all applicable taxes.
Iberia may change the allocation of booked seats for operational reasons, safety or control.
If after the seat has been booked/paid for, you are required to change your seat due an extraordinary reason, we will try to offer you an alternative seat equivalent to the one you booked. If this is not possible, you may ask for a reimbursement.
Once the early seat booking has been made, you may not change your choice of seat on the same flight until 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
If the fare conditions of your airline ticket to allow you to make changes and you decide to change your flight, you can choose an equivalent seat on your new flight. If there is no equivalent seat available or you change to a cheaper seat, the extra amount paid will not be reimbursed. If the seat chosen on the new flight is more expensive, you must pay the difference.
Seats paid for will not be reimbursable if you cancel your flight, if by courtesy of Iberia you should fly in a superior cabin or if you should fail to meet the conditions for sitting in the kind of seat you have chosen.
Charges for early seat booking are reimbursable provided:
- There is a circumstance that obliges you to change aircraft and we are unable to offer you an equivalent alternative seat on the new flight and/or aircraft.
- After the seat has been booked in advance an unexpected circumstance occurs which prevents you from meeting the physical requirements for holding the seat. You must advise Iberia at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure, and shall in any case document the circumstance at a later time.
- After the early seat booking, you have acquired a superior fare type, the condition of which implies cost-free early booking.
All reimbursement applications for seat bookings made directly in iberia.com, Serviberia and Iberia offices must be made on-line from http://www.iberia.com/reembolsos/. Applications for reimbursements for seats purchased via a travel agent must be processed through the point-of-sale. Reimbursements may not be applied for at airports or on board aircraft.
The maximum time for applying for reimbursement is 14 days after the last flight on the route.
Refunds will always be made via the same form of payment used to pay for the early seat booking.
Special requirements for emergency seats
For reasons of safety, these seats are reserved for passengers of unhindered movement and who can understand the safety instructions (written and oral, in Spanish or English).
These must be people of sufficient strength to open the emergency door and prepared to help if the situation should so require.
Over 15 years of age.
An emergency seat may under no circumstance be occupied by the following:
- Passengers whose height, build, age or illness prevent them from moving rapidly.
- Women in an advanced state of pregnancy.
- Passengers travelling with other people in their charge who might require help in an emergency situation.
- Clients travelling with animals in the cabin.
- People who are taking any kind of medication that might affect these requirements.