During the entire service process, from reception at check in until delivery in the destination airport, including the accompaniment during transfers if appropriate, minors are attended with special sensitivity and responsibility by our staff.
- Be between 5 and 11 years old. Starting from 12 years old, the child is considered an adult for us and can travel alone. On other companies these requirements may vary.
- A child is considered to be travelling alone if the child, between 5 and 11 years old, flies in a different cabin than yours and without the company of a person over 16. In this case, you must request the minor companion service and turn in the mandatory liability waiver so that the child can be duly attended by our crew.
- To fly within the US, children are considered minors until 14 years old and must fly with the minor accompaniment service.
- Lastly, remember that, for airline transport purposes, only persons who have turned 16 years old will be considered adults in order to accompany a minor (18 years for Vueling)
When booking this service, you will be asked for the following mandatory data:
- Name, address and contact telephone of the guardian responsible for the minor.
- Name, address and contact telephone of the person responsible for the minor at the destination.
This information, in addition to allowing us to verify the identity of the individual responsible for the delivery/reception, will allow us to communicate with the person if necessary.
- Passport or Visa and requirements for destination.
- The minor will be provided with a bag for all the documentation (ticket, Passport, responsibility waiver, etc) at the check in counter which must be visible at all times until arriving at the destination.
- Mandatory Responsibility Waiver: this is a document required by Iberia . If it is not possible for you to complete this before going to the airport, take this into account in order to arrive early enough to have the time necessary to fill it in manually.
- The child’s guardian must not leave the airport installations until receiving a text message at the mobile phone number provided in the contact data confirming the flight departure.