offers and promotions
Special Offer: 35% off Avios
Enjoy flying with Iberia on selected routes that we have prepared for you to fly farther and farther.
Already have done half the journey, because now you can do it with 35 % discount on Avios if you fly in blue class or tourist between Madrid and:
New York, Chicago, Miami, Boston*, Los Angeles*, Mexico, Guatemala, San Salvador, Panama, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santo Domingo, Caracas, Bogota, Quito, Guayaquil, Lima, Santiago de Chile, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Montevideo, Buenos Aires or Luanda.
- Valid offer using Avios for bookings made exclusively through Iberia.com from June 30th to July 14th, 2014 both included.
- Valid for direct flights using Avios with Iberia on blue class (X) or Tourist (T) from October 1st 2014 until February 28th 2015. Flights excluded from December 1st to 10th, both included. And flights from December 18th 2014 to January 10th 2015, both included.
- Not valid for flights serie IB3600 to IB3999, IB8XXX, IB4XXX, IB5XXX or IB7XXX.
- This offer is subject to the conditions of the Avios redemption table and the General Iberia Plus Programme conditions.
- These offers do not include taxes and issuing fees.
- This offer cannot be combined with others in the same period and destination.
- This promotion does not apply to those flights out of the mentioned period.
For each flight flown with Iberia you will be able to obtain:
- Avios, currency that you accumulate in your Iberia Plus balance which allows you to redeem for flights and other opportunities offered by Iberia Plus programme.
- Elite Points, currency that is obtained exclusively on flights and is used to maintain or upgrade to elite card levels.
Specific information about Avios earning and the number of Elite Points to be earned with your ticket is shown during the purchasing process at iberia.com.
EARNING AVIOS (FOR EACH FLIGHT)
|1 mile flown in Discount Economy||1 Avios|
|1 mile flown in Full Economy||1 Avios|
|1 mile flown in Business||1,50 Avios|
|1 mile flown in First||2 Avios|
|CABIN BONUS NEW ECONOMY CLASS FARES||Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN BASIC FARE||0,80 Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN CLASSIC FARE||1 Avios|
|1 MILLA MILE FLOWN IN FLEXIBLE FARE||1,25 Avios|
Earning Avios on direct flights operated with IB code (operated by Iberia Group or other companies associated to Iberia Plus programme) is related to these criteria:
- Real distance flown based on miles and flight class (cabin bonus)
- Card level (Platinum, Gold and Silver bonus)
- Please, check routes and class restrictions on flights with code IB operated by other companies on each company tables.
Minimum 500 Avios
Flights in Economy Class:
Regardless of the distance flown, a minimum of 500 Avios will be obtained when flying Economy Class in all flights with IB code (operated by Iberia or other companies associated to Iberia Plus programme)
Flights in Business:
Regardless of the distance flown, a minimum of 750 Avios will be obtained when flying Bussines Class in all flights with IB code (operated by Iberia or other companies associated to Iberia Plus programme)
PLATINUM, GOLD AND SILVER BONUS
The elite Bonus is an additional number of Avios that Platinum, Gold and Silver cardholders obtain.
With Platinum, Gold and Silver Bonus you will obtain Avios extra, depending on the card level, in all flights operated by Iberia (including flights operated by Iberia or other companies associated to Iberia Plus programme.
Bonuses for elite card customers will be:
- Platinum Card: 100%
- Gold Card: 100%
- Silver Card: 25%
This bonus will be applied by multiplying the percentage indicated by real distance flown in miles, always considering a minimum of 500 miles.
ELITE POINTS EARNING (FOR EACH FLIGHT). 1- Elite Points earning table with direct flights operated by Iberia and with IB code.
|ZONES||Business||TURISTA COMPLETA / FLEXIBLE||TURISTA REDUCIDA CLASSIC||BASIC|
|INTER ISLAND AND SPAIN-MELILLA||50||25||15||5|
|PUENTE AEREO, INTRA PENINSULAR AND PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS||80||40||20||10|
|PUENTE AEREO, INTRA PENINSULAR AND PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE I||80||50||20||10|
|SPAIN NORTH AFRICA||100||50||20||-|
|PENINSULA CANARY ISLANDS||100||50||25||15|
|PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE II||140||70||35||20|
|PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE III||225||150||75||35|
|CANARY ISLANDS - EUROPE E INTRA EUROPEANS||150||90||40||20|
|PENINSULA- AFRICA I Y MIDDLE EAST Y AFRICA II||350||200||100||-|
|DIRECT FLIGHTS EUROPE - CANADA, USA, MEXICO, PUERTO RICO||450||300||150||-|
|PENINSULA - AFRICA III||500||300||150||-|
|PENINSULA- CENTER AMERICA - CARIBBEAN||500||300||150||-|
|PENINSULA-SOUTH AMERICA I||510||350||175||-|
|PENINSULA-SOUTH AMERICA II||675||425||200||-|
2- Elite Points earning table in flights with IB code, operated by any company associated with Iberia Plus programme (for each direct flight)
|Distance bands||First||Business||Full Economy||Discount Economy|
|MORE THAN 6,000||750||675||400||200|
- In all direct flights between European Union, Switzerland, Norway; and United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with code and operated by Iberia, British Airways or American Airlines, the following punctuation will be applied:
Full Economy: 300
Discount Economy: 150
- In domestic flights within UK, the following will be applied (per flight):
Full Economy: 65
Discount Economy: 40
OBSERVATIONS OF AVIOS AND ELITE POINTS:
- Tables also valid for flights operated by Iberia Regional Air Nostrum and Vueling (VY and IB5XXX code)
- Iberia owns the right to modify these tables, as well as routes and flight programming.
- IBERIA owns the right to exclude Elite Points and Avios earning fares. Please check the terms & conditions here
- Flights with IB code operated by companies not associated with Iberia Plus programme do not generate either Avios or Elite Points.
- Please, check routes and class restrictions in flights with IB code operated by other companies on each company table.
Next table is applied to direct flights operated by the Iberia Group and IB code.
|Bands||Distance in miles||Blue Class||Full Fare (Turist)||Business|
|1||1 - 650||4.500||6.750||9.000|
|2||651 - 1.151||7.500||11.250||15.000|
|3||1.152 - 2.000||10.000||15.000||20.000|
|4||2.001 - 3.000||12.500||18.750||25.000|
|5||3.001 - 4.000||20.000||30.000||40.000|
|6||4.001 - 5.500||25.000||37.500||50.000|
|7||5.501 - 6.500||30.000||45.000||60.000|
AVIOS REDEMPTION TABLE (per flight). Next table is applied to direct flights operated by the Iberia Group and IB code.
|Bands||Distance in miles||Upgrade (*)|
|1||1 - 650||4.500|
|2||651 - 1.151||7.500|
|3||1.152 - 2.000||10.000|
|4||2.001 - 3.000||12.500|
|5||3.001 - 4.000||20.000|
|6||4.001 - 5.500||25.000|
|7||5.501 - 6.500||30.000|
Examples of destinations such bands:
- Band 1: Alicante, Almeria, Asturias, Badajoz, Barcelona, Bilbao, Burgos, Ciudad Real, Granada-Jaen, Ibiza, Jerez, La Coruna Leon Lleida, Logroño, Madrid, Malaga, Melilla, Menorca, Murcia, Palma de Mallorca, Pamplona, Salamanca, San Sebastian, Santander, Santiago de Compostela, Seville, Valencia, Valladolid, Vigo, Algiers, Bordeaux, Casablanca, Geneva, Lisbon, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Oporto, Oran, Tangier, Toulouse .
- Band 2: Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Santa Cruz de la Palma, Tenerife, Marrak, Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin, Bologna, Catania, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Dusseldorf, Munich, Strasbourg, Frankfurt, Funchal, Geneva, Glasgow, London , Manchester, Milan, Naples, Olbia, Palermo, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Rome, Turin, Venice, Vienna, Zagreb, Zurich.
- Band 3: Athens, Bucharest, Copenhagen, Corfu, Istanbul, Stockholm, Heraklion, Mykonos, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Warsaw, Dakar.
- Band 4: Cairo, Lagos, Malabo, Tel Aviv.
- Band 5: Boston, Chicago, Luanda, New York, San Juan de Puerto Rico.
- Band 6: Bogota, Caracas, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guayaquil, Johannesburg, Havana, Lima, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, Panama, Quito, Rio de Janeiro, San Jose, Costa Rica, Santo Domingo, Sao Paulo.
- Band 7: Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Montevideo, Santiago, Chile
- Destination examples in this table are those which depart from Madrid. If you would like to know the price and how many Avios are needed to get a ticket for a specific flight click here
- Bands are established depending on the distance between origin and destination (per flight). Price of a return ticket will be double of one way tickets.
- Flights Barcelona - Intercontinental Destinations (Bands 5, 6 and 7) marketed as direct flights via Madrid will require the same Avios as from Madrid.
- This Avios redemption table has exceptions, which means that not every flight with a distance corresponding to a band, is included in the mentioned band (for example, direct flight from Madrid to Lima with 5,920 miles would be in band 6 instead of 7 (this exception is also applied to flights from Barcelona marketed as direct flights)
- This table will also be valid for direct flights operated by British Airways with BA code and Vueling with IB code taking into account the distance bands.
- This table does not apply when Iberia flights Tickets are combined with any other company associated to the Iberia Plus Programme except Air Nostrum, Vueling or British Airways.
- Iberia reserves the right to modify the Avios redemption table and scheduling of routes and flights.
The reservation and ticketing with Avios on flights operated by Iberia Group (and IB code) are exempt of processing fee if done through Iberia.com. They will have an additional charge per ticket when operations are managed through its Service Centre. (Except Platinum customers)