Description of company
Vueling started operations in July 2004 with a fleet of two aircraft Airbus A-320, four routes and the objective of providing excellent customer service at a competitive price. Eight years later, Vueling operates a fleet of 46 Airbus A320 and two A319, at 74 airports throughout Europe, North Africa and Middle East, offering more than 10 million seats during the summer season 2012.
This year, the airline has focused on offering a greater range of services to the business passenger offering more flexibility and expanding its products adapted to their needs, as the new DUO seat. The airline is in the forefront of latest technologies providing new tools to improve communication with its customers through its Facebook page "Vueling Europe" and also in @vueling on Twitter. Moreover, Vueling has developed applications for iPhone and Android for pursuing flights and check information about schedules and destinations from the mobile phone very easily.
Vueling connects via Barcelona´s Airport - El Prat a total of 72 direct destinations. Among them, it flies to the major business capitals of Europe, such as Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Zurich and Berlin.
For each flight flown with Iberia you will be able to obtain:
- Avios, currency that you accumulate in your Iberia Plus balance which allows you to redeem for flights and other opportunities offered by Iberia Plus programme.
- Elite Points, currency that is obtained exclusively on flights and is used to maintain or upgrade to elite card levels.
Specific information about Avios earning and the number of Elite Points to be earned with your ticket is shown during the purchasing process at iberia.com.
EARNING AVIOS (FOR EACH FLIGHT)
|1 mile flown in a Vueling disscount economy fare or Optima||0,80 Avios|
|1 mile flown in a Vueling Full fare or Excellence||1 Avios|
- Real distance flown based on miles and flight class (cabin bonus)
- Card level (Platinum, Gold and Silver bonus)
Minimum 500 Avios
Flights in a Vueling disscount fare or Optima:
Regardless of the distance flown, the cardholder will obtain at least a minimum of 500 Avios in all flights with Vueling.
Flights in a Vueling Full fare or Excellence:
A minimum of 500 Avios are guaranteed when flight distance is less than 500 miles. On a flight of more than 500 miles, real distance flown will be recorded.
PLATINUM, GOLD AND SILVER BONUS
The elite Bonus is an additional number of Avios that Platinum, Gold and Silver cardholders obtain.
With Platinum, Gold and Silver Bonus you will obtain Avios extra, depending on the card level, in all flights operated by Vueling (including IB5XXX), Iberia Group (including flights operated by Iberia or other companies associated to Iberia Plus programme), and British Airways.
Bonuses for elite card customers will be applied in Business and Full Economy:
- Platinum Card: 100%
- Gold Card: 100%
- Silver Card: 25%
This bonus will be applied by multiplying the percentage indicated by real distance flown in miles, always considering a minimum of 500 miles.
Next table is applied to direct flights operated by Vueling (IB5XXX code)
|BAND||DISTANCE IN MILES (1)||Nº of Avios Vueling Class|
|1||1 - 650||4.500|
|2||651 - 1.151||7.500|
|3||1.152 - 2.000||10.000|
|4||2.001 - 3.000||12.500|
- This Avios redemption table has exceptions, which means that not every flight with a distance corresponding to a band, is included in the mentioned band (for example, direct flight from Barcelona to Tenerife with 1,350 miles would be in band 2 instead of 3).
- If you would like to know the price and how many Avios are needed to get a ticket for a specific flight click here.
- Iberia reserves the right to modify the Avios redemption table and scheduling of routes and flights. The reservation and ticketing with Avios on flights operated by Vueling (IB5XXX code) are exempt of processing fee if done through Iberia.com. They will have an additional charge per ticket when operations are managed through its Service Centre. (Except Platinum customers)