Description of company
Vueling was created in July 2004 with an initial fleet of two Airbus A320s, four routes and the objective of providing excellent customer service at a competitive price. Nine years later, Vueling is operating more than 250 routes in 117 cities all over Europe, Middle East and Africa. Vueling has 17 operational bases in Europe and has transported over 70 million passengers.
Vueling is the leading company at Barcelona-El Prat Airport, transporting more than 17 million passengers each year. In order to support such a high volume of activity the airline relies on a fleet of 89 Airbus aircraft. Nine of them are new models with the latest technology in advanced wingtips, named sharklets by the manufacturer. Vueling embraces all technological developments that bring security and efficiency to the flying process. The new Airbus sharklets help the company lower its CO2 levels as well as affording lower fuel consumption.
In addition, the company has recently been awarded the Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) certification by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) which endorses the airline as having the very highest standards in both quality and safety.
People are very much the focal point of all the company's endeavors. This is all encompassed by a new brand concept since 2012: LOVE THE WAY YOU FLY
EARNING AVIOS AND ELITE POINTS
For each flight flown with Iberia you will be able to obtain:
- Avios, currency that you accumulate in your Iberia Plus balance which allows you to redeem for flights and other opportunities offered by Iberia Plus programme.
- Elite Points, currency that is obtained exclusively on flights and is used to maintain or upgrade to elite card levels.
Specific information about Avios earning and the number of Elite Points to be earned with your ticket is shown during the purchasing process at iberia.com.
AVIOS EARNING CHART (IB5XXX)
|1 MILE FLOWN IN DISCOUNT ECONOMY||1 Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN FULL ECONOMY||1 Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN BUSINESS||1,50 Avios|
AVIOS EARNING CHART (VY code)
|1 MILE FLOWN IN DICOUNT ECONOMY||0 Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN OPTIMA||1 Avios|
|1 MILE FLOWN IN EXCELLENCE||1,50 Avios|
- Real distance flown based on miles and flight class (cabin bonus)
- Card level (Platinum, Gold and Silver bonus)
Minimum 500 Avios (IB5XXX and VY code)
Flights in Disscount Economy or Optima
Regardless of the distance flown, the cardholder will earn at least a minimum of 500 Avios in all the fares shown. Flights above 500 miles earn Avios according to the fare purchased and the real distance flown.
Minimum 750 Avios (IB5xxx)
Flights in Business or Excellence.
Regardless of the distance flown, the cardholder will earn at least a minimum of 750 Avios in all flights operated by Vueling.
PLATINUM, GOLD AND SILVER BONUS
The elite Bonus is an additional number of Avios that Platinum, Gold and Silver cardholders earn.
Platinum, Gold and Silver bonus let you earn extra Avios, regardless the card level you have, in all the flights operated by Vueling (Optima and Excellence fares only)
Bonuses for elite card customers will be applied in Business and Full Economy when the fare is elegible:
- Platinum Card: 100%
- Gold Card: 100%
- Silver Card: 25%
The Elite Bonus will apply in all Business and Economy class fares for flights IB5xxx and in Excellence fare for flights with VY code.
Flights from 24/11/12 with VY code, purchased on basic fare, don´t build up Avios nor Elite Points, and don't reckon to level up your Iberia Plus.
EARNING ELITE POINTS (one way flights) - EARNING ELITE POINTS CHART (IB5xxx or VY code)
|ZONES||BUSINESS OR EXCELLENCE||FULL ECONOMY||DISCOUNT ECONOMY OR OPTIMA|
|INTER ISLAND AND SPAIN - MELILLA||50||25||15|
|PUENTE AEREO, INTRA PENINSULAR AND PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS||80||40||20|
|PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE I||80||50||20|
|SPAIN - NORTH AFRICA||100||50||25|
|PENINSULA - CANARY ISLANDS||100||50||25|
|PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE II||140||70||35|
|PENINSULA AND BALEARIC ISLANDS - EUROPE III||225||150||75|
|CANARY ISLANDS - EUROPE E INTRA EUROPEANS||150||90||40|
See the description and zone map of this chart here.
OBSERVATIONS FOR AVIOS AND ELITE POINTS:
- Iberia reserves the right to modify these tables, as well as the scheduling of routes and flights.
- Only Avios and Elite points will be obtained if it has been identified during the process.
- Iberia reserves the right to exclude rates obtaining Elite Points and Avios. See conditions here.
- The codeshare flights booked with an airline code associated with Iberia but operated by a company not associated with Iberia is not eligible for annotation Avios and Elite Points.
Next table is applied to direct flights operated by Vueling (IB5XXX code)
|BAND||DISTANCE IN MILES (1)||Nº of Avios Vueling Class|
|1||1 - 650||4.500|
|2||651 - 1.151||7.500|
|3||1.152 - 2.000||10.000|
|4||2.001 - 3.000||12.500|
- This Avios redemption table has exceptions, which means that not every flight with a distance corresponding to a band, is included in the mentioned band (for example, direct flight from Barcelona to Tenerife with 1,350 miles would be in band 2 instead of 3).
- If you would like to know the price and how many Avios are needed to get a ticket for a specific flight click here.
- Iberia reserves the right to modify the Avios redemption table and scheduling of routes and flights. The reservation and ticketing with Avios on flights operated by Vueling (IB5XXX code) are exempt of processing fee if done through Iberia.com. They will have an additional charge per ticket when operations are managed through its Service Centre. (Except Platinum customers)