A taste of history and culture in Teguise
Old building, modern art
In 1698, Captain Gaspar Rodríguez Carrasco donated a portion of his land holdings for the building of a church and Dominican monastery - whose whitewashed façade bears the Rodríguez family crest. Inside, a pair of naves are unified by four rounded arches and ceilings in the neo-Moorish style known as Mudéjar, and also feature a polychrome, gold leaf altarpiece in Baroque style. Santo Domingo no longer functions as a church, however, but as an exposition of international contemporary artists. It's open daily except Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm.