Documentation needed for minors

Check all the requirement you must meet when travelling with children and infants, considering their age and destination.

Benodigde documenten - Vóór je reis

All passengers 14 and over should travel with a national identification card or passport.

Children under 14 travelling on domestic flights do not have to have one but if they don't, they will have to prove their identity by other means.

The Airport National Security Programme requires compliance with all the previous requisites.

Minors travelling with their parents

If the person accompanying the minor is not a parent or if the minor is travelling alone

Special cases

Purchase Shuttle Service (Puente Aéreo) tickets for minors

To buy tickets for the Shuttle, an ID card or passport must be presented as a means of identification. If the minor is accompanied by their parents, the parents' ID will be sufficient to link them to the child's ticket.

Vluchten naar/vanaf Mexico

Alle minderjarigen die alleen reizen naar/van Mexico of door een derde persoon begeleid worden, die niet de ouder of wettelijke voogd is, moeten een document tonen dat ondertekend is door beide ouders of door degene die het ouderlijke gezag of voogdij, ten overstaan van de notaris of bevoegde autoriteit, heeft, waarin staat dat ze het nationale grondgebied mogen verlaten. Wanneer het een document betreft dat afgegeven is in het buitenland dient dit gelegaliseerd en vertaald te zijn, indien het een andere taal dan Spaans betreft. In het geval van Spanje heeft de politie een machtigingsformulier voor deze gevallen.

Unaccompanied minors traveling from Italy

All unaccompanied minors of Italian citizenship under the age of 14 that are traveling internationally are required to have the Individual passport and a notarized affidavit from the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child confirming that the minor has permission to travel as an unaccompanied minor.
This document must be signed by the parent(s) or by the legal guardian(s) and authenticated by the Police Headquarters (Questura) and include the name of the airline to which the minor is entrusted.

Children travelling to/from or transitting South Africa

For travel to and from South Africa, all children need to bring various documents, regardless if they travel with both parents, with one parent, with an accompanying adult or alone.

Please ensure you check with your local South African Embassy to ensure you have the correct paperwork for when your child is due to travel. Read more about the new rules for travel to/from South Africa.

Departures from Spanish airports

Guardians or family members of minors under 14 who are travelling alone can access the boarding areas of departures from airports in Spain. Please ask for a Companions’ Card at the Iberia check-in desk. They will only be allowed access to accompany the minor to the boarding gate on the day and time of the flight. The adult companion should carry his/her valid passport or ID to access the border control with the minor.


Children and infants

All the regulations and rules for travelling with infants under 8 months and children up to the time they turn 11.

More information

Minors travelling alone

We offer a special service for unaccompanied children which includes departure, arrival and transit during connections.

More information

Aan het laden...